Sunday Pick Me Up (October 17, 2021)

Last weekend we hit the streets of Shinsakae to clean up Ikeda Park and the surrounding areas for Sunday Pick Me Up! And guess what? It was our biggest turnout EVER with over 80 (!!) Worldies participating in this super wholesome, family-friendly, environmentally positive event! 😱

But that wasn’t the only record we managed to break, we gathered more trash than ever before:
100kg in less than an hour! 🤯

Crazy.

Our Eco-Habit for this month is an oldie but a goodie…

BYOB! ♻️

Worldwide we use 481 billion plastic bottles a year. Yes, billion with a B. 481 billion! That’s a million each second! Globally, only 9% are recycled, and this rate is going down 🙁 What about the other 91%? They’re burned or dumped into nature, where they take 451 years to biodegrade.

What do we do?

It’s a super simple solution that just requires a new habit – BYOB. Bring your own bottle! Our personal favourite is Stojo. It folds up tidily so you can carry it everywhere.

We want to say thank you so, so much for everyone for growing this little event to this huge movement, and we’re all so proud to be a part of it 🙏

Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram too (@smallworld_insta), share and spread the word using the #SundayPickMeUp hashtag. Let’s show the rest of Japan (and the world!) how to keep our cities clean 🙌

The next Sunday Pick Me Up is on November 14 – tell your friends! We’ll see you there 😉

Matthew, Katrin & Kaja

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: